Peppermint Ice Cream

Friday, February 13, 2009

Timothy update







Tonight Timothy looked good. I am smiling and tearing up as I think about the first text I sent from my phone in the hospital this morning. I prayed today that Timothy's breathing would slow down and that his oxygen level would stablize. I prayed that his cpat would be removed and that soon he would be able to start eating. I also prayed that he would show improvment on his xrays. Many of you prayed with us all day. Well, God blew my socks off today. Timothy's breathing rate became more stable even after the cpat :0) was removed. His oxygen level continues to improve and they are able to back off some of the oxygen. And guess what, Timothy is getting to eat today. Not by bottle but by a tube that runs into his stomach so that he doesn't inhale it back into his lungs. Well, I guess you can say not only did God answer the prayers I had but then some. Thank you God for answering.






Our current prayer is that the oxygen level can go down to 21% which is the oxygen level of the room. He is a little jaundice and is under lights. We are praying that this clears up. We are praying that his breathing rate remains the same or better and that his o2 level stays the same or better as they back off the o2. I would love to see the o2 be removed soon and that he can start gearing up to bottle feed and come home soon. They did an EKG on him today. They said it looked great. All babies are born without their heard completely closed off and usually this happens within the first few days. We are praying this closes it self so that it doesn't have to be surgically closed. The doctor was relieved that this wasn't the cause of the respiratory distress.






The great news is he is continuing to improve every day. He is a miracle happening right before our eyes. God is so amazing and He just has Timothy right in His hands. It is awesome seeing God working right before our eyes. Thanks again for praying and check back often for updates.



No comments: